Frequently Asked Questions

Are there currently vacancies at Clairton Inn Apartments? Availability of our apartments changes regularly, but we recommend contacting NDC management for the latest information on vacancies and to begin gathering the documents necessary to submit your application in the meantime.

Are housing vouchers (Section 8) accepted? Yes.

Are units ADA accessible? Seven units at Clairton Inn Apartments are fully ADA accessible, two of which include enhanced audio/visual capabilities.

Are the units smoking, non-smoking or no preference? The building is non-smoking, per PHFA regulations.

Are utilities included? Trash collection, water and sewage at Clairton Inn Apartments are included in rent. All other utilities are the responsibility of the tenant. Stove tops and heating are electric.

How can I apply? Applications can be found here. Once completed, you can drop your finished application in the drop box in the foyer of Clairton Inn Apartments at 607 Miller Ave., Clairton, PA. You can also mail your application to 607 Miller Ave., Clairton, PA 15025 or email it to Your application will be reviewed for eligibility and if you qualify, you will be contacted to schedule an interview.

Is there on-site maintenance? MVI will provide maintenance as requested.

Does the building have secure entrances? Yes, there is controlled access and an intercom at the front entrance.

Are pets allowed? One (1) cat or dog up to 20 pounds. There is an additional $20 per month charge for a pet.

What is the therapy animal exception?  A certified therapy animal will be permitted. Details can be discussed during your application interview.

Is parking available? There is on-street parking for Clairton Inn Apartments residents’ vehicles within one block of the building on Miller and St. Clair avenues, as well as two accessible spots at the rear of the building. The municipal lot across the street will remain available for visitors, retail patrons and additional ADA parking.

Can I request more bedrooms than I have a need for based on family size? Yes, you can request more rooms than you need based on your family size.

Can non-U.S. Citizens become tenants at Clairton Inn Apartments? Non-citizens are eligible for living in buildings constructed using low-income tax credits. Non-citizens will have to document their identity, date of birth and Social Security number (if applicable). Types of documentation that may be requested of non-citizens include a photo ID and/or passport; birth certificate; and Social Security card.